Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Initial Blockout

I spent a week on and off creating the initial blockout for my environment in 3DS Max using primitive shapes with some detail to really get an idea of what it was going to look like.



Once I had finished with the blockout I exported it into UDK which enabled me to have a walk about the level and ensure not only that everything was the right scale so far but also just to see the size of the room and whether or not any adjustments needed to be made.


 I was happy with how things were looking so far; the environment was looking cluttered like in the concept art giving the impression of someone who is constantly busy and overloaded with work. The only problems were with the dimensions of the room as a whole. I would have to create some more blockouts, of just the walls and floor this time to test out which size was going to work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment