Thursday 14 February 2013

Pay Attention!

 Had some trouble with the scale again recently. At some point my 'game type' inside UDK must have been reset and this led to my camera height being much higher than the standard 96uu it is supposed to be. This in turn with my recent up scaling of the walls, as they seemed too short, meant that when I put my camera back to the right position the scene was way too big.

With the camera changed back the office looked more like a small warehouse.

I should have noticed much sooner as the walls were 12ft high at this point and should have seemed much bigger in comparison to my camera. I changed the walls back to the original 10ft height and took the opportunity to change the dimensions one last time; the final size being 40x20x10

With the modular pieces resized it looked much better, no more changes from now on!


I will post an image of the environments current stage in the near future. At this point I was testing out the emissive lighting from the holo-screen but have added some proper lights since then which gives the room a much calmer glow to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment